Frequently Asked Questions
Can I advertise On Kanedia?
Contact us through email for more information @: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is www.kanedia.com a safe website?
Kanedia website is always safe for financial transactions. We are a registered Canadian company. We always have a valid SSL CERTIFICATE from a reputable online security company.
Check at the top left side of our website, and you will see a padlock symbol. Click on the padlock symbol, and you will see that our SSL CERTIFICATE is valid.
All your financial and other personal information are always safe on www.kanedia.com
Why Can’t I Post?
If you’re unable to submit your ad, you may see the message “Please fix the errors on the page.” This is caused when there is an issue with the information entered into one or more of the fields. Scroll down to see which sections are highlighted in red.
If you’ve missed a mandatory field, you will need to fill it out before you can post. If it is filled out but you are still receiving an error, double check what you have entered. Note: Number fields will not accept other symbols such as dollar signs or letters. Enter prices, kilometers, and other such units as numbers only.
If you’re still having trouble posting, contact our customer service team for more information at email@example.com
Why Was My Ad Removed?
If your ad was removed from Kanedia then most likely, it did not abide by our policies. You should receive an email with more information regarding the removal. Please take a moment to review Kanedia’s Posting Policies.We understand the removal of your ad may lead to some confusion or frustration, and we are here to help!
If you feel that the removal of your ad was done in error, you can contact our customer service team. An agent will gladly explore the issue with you further.
What Are Your Ad Reply Code of Conduct
While Kanedia does not actively monitor replies sent within our system between users, we reserve the right to delete or ban those who we deem to be using replies inappropriately.
- Please treat them with courtesy and respect.
- Please do not reply to ads with unsolicited opinions, comments, or judgements on the content of the ads or about the poster.
- All replies to ads must be in connection to what the ad is offering. Replies regarding other commercial offers are not permitted.
- Abusive ad replies are not permitted. Any replies containing hate speech or defamation are strictly prohibited.
- Impersonating other users, including supplying fake phone numbers is not permitted, and those who are found to be doing so may lose the ability to use Kanedia.
Kanedia reserves the right to revoke the ability of any users to reply to ads without notice.
If you receive a reply that you feel is inappropriate, please report it immediately through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Items Are Prohibited For Sale On Kanedia?
AdultThe list below details what can’t be posted on Kanedia:
- – Including pornography, nude photos, videos, articles, or erotic products
- – Including prostitution, escort, or accompanying services
- – Including the delivery of alcohol and related beverages
- – Note: Selling empty bottles, labels, or caps as collectibles is permitted.
- – Note: Recruitment of personnel such as bartender, front desk, or salesman is permitted in the Jobs category.
- Baby Items Deemed Unsafe by Health Canada (or by your country government)
- – Baby Nests
- – Baby Walkers
- – Car Seats and Booster Seats manufactured prior to January 1st, 2012
- – Inclined sleepers (recalled or not) or products that could support inclined sleepers
- – Traditional Drop-Side Cribs
- Blood, Bodily Fluids, and Body Parts
- – Including organs
- – Including surrogacy, fertility, and donor requests (including sperm)
- Burglary Tools
- Cannabis and Cannabis-based Products
- – Including extracts, edibles, and oils
- – Including hookahs, pipes, bongs, and vaporizers
- – Cannabis promotional items/memorabilia
- – Child Adoption services (seeking and offering)
- Combustible Items (including flares)
- – Note: Emergency and distress flares are permitted only if they are designed and intended for signaling purposes.
- – Note: No offers of shipping.
- Counterfeit Items and Distribution of Copyrighted Material
- – Including currency, stamps, and coins
- – Including e-books
- Digital Items or Accounts
- – Including gaming accounts, accounts with multiple device allowances, and digital copies of movies, books, or software
- Embargoed Goods
- Event Tickets
- – Note: Certain community events tickets are permitted. CONTACT US FIRST.
- Government Issued IDs, Badges, Uniforms and Licenses
- – Including transit, military, police, postal, etc.
- Hazardous Materials
- – Including chemicals, restricted, suspended or cancelled pest control products, and fireworks
- High-Powered Laser Pointers
- Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records, and Personal Information
- – In any form, including mailing lists
- Illegal Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia (or any mention of related items or activities)
- – Including narcotics, steroids, etc.
- Illegal Items and Services
- – Including any device that is primarily useful for the covert interception of private communications
- – Including listings or products that promote the use of photographic devices to covertly view or record individuals for sexual purposes
- Illegal or Unauthorized Wildlife Products
- – Including bear traps (regardless of size)
- Ivory or Bone
- – Including fossilized mammoth tusks
- – Note: Antiques that contain 5% or less of real ivory and were made before the year 1900, specifically musical instruments and furniture, are permitted. The year the item was manufactured as well as an image must be included in the ad.
- – Note: Bone, including fossilized teeth or bone, from non-ivory producing animals is permitted. The species must be indicated in the ad.
- – Note: Collectable knives and swords (unsharpened, fantasy/antique) and kitchen utensils and cutlery are permitted.
- Lottery Tickets, Sweepstakes Entries, and Coin Operated Slot Machines
- Massage Services
- – Ad images are to be limited to head shots or photographs of the facility (no full body images)
- – Note: Ads posted by a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) who is able to provide insurance receipts for customers is permitted.
- – Note: Massage as part of an aesthetics package by a registered Aesthetician, but not offered on its own, is permitted.
- Offensive and Obscene Material
- – Including Nazi related artifacts and collectibles
- – Note: This excludes stamps, letters, and envelopes with the Nazi symbol, currency issued by the Nazi government, military scripts, and historically accurate WWII military model kits that have Nazi symbols.
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- – Note: Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) devices, and Variable Positive Airway Pressure (VPAP) devices and accessories require a prescription and are therefore not permitted.
- Products That Are Unauthorized by Health Canada (or by your country government)
- Radio Equipment or Other Devices That Violate the Radiocommunication Act
- Recalled Items
- Restricted Food Products
- – Including, but not limited to:
- – Unpasteurized dairy products
- – Fruit or vegetable juice that hasn’t been heat pasteurized
- – Wild mushrooms
- – Ackee fruit (including seeds)
- – Food items that are subject to recall by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (or by your country government).
- – Expired food items and baby formula
- – Food items or baby formula that has been opened or tampered with
- – Meals Ready to Eat (MREs) that have been expired for more than 3 years
- – Government assistance benefits including, but not limited to:
- – Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- – Supplemental foods such as infant formula and baby food
- – Cash-value vouchers
- – Food instruments such as vouchers, checks, electronic benefit transfer (EBT) cards, and coupons
- – Note: Perishable items are permitted; however, the sale of food items is highly regulated by the federal and provincial government (or by your country government). When you list any food products, you’re certifying that the item may be sold and complies with all health, safety, and labelling requirements.
- Stocks and Other Securities
- – Including cryptocurrencies
- – Including binary options
- – Note: On September 28th, 2017 the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) announced a complete ban on the advertisement, offer, sale, or trade of binary options.
- Stolen Property
- Tobacco and Other Nicotine Products
- – Including e-cigarettes, e-juice, herbal blends, etc.
- – Including hookahs, pipes, bongs, and vaporizers
- – Tobacco seeds
- – Tobacco promotional items/memorabilia for tobacco
- Used Cosmetics
- Weapons (or any mention of related items, services or activities)
- – Including, but not limited to:
- – Firearms
- – Firearm parts and magazines
- – Ammunition
- – BB and pellet guns
- – Replica weapons
- – Tear gas
- – Stun guns
- – Crossbows
- – Martial arts weapons
- – Including Airsoft guns, parts, and ammunition
- – Note: Archery and paintball equipment are permitted.
- Cannabis and blends containing cannabis;
- Edibles containing cannabis;
- Cannabis based oils or creams;
- Other items containing THC, CBD or any form of cannabis extract;
- Cannabis seeds;
- Hookahs, bongs, and vaporizers;
- Pipes and rolling papers;
- Promotional items with cannabis logos, such as calendars, hats, and shirts;
- Memorabilia, posters, or similar items (including vintage) for cannabis products;
- Collectible packaging that’s completely empty (no cannabis inside the package).
- Do not post duplicate ads in one or multiple categories as they are a source of frustration for our user community. If you’re unsure of which category to use, try searching to find out where others have put similar ads. If you post the same ad in multiple categories, they may be removed from Kanedia.
- When posting your ad, post it within your region for maximum exposure. It is ok to post in more than one city, for instance, if you reside in between two Kanedia cities.
NOTE: SEE OUR PET POSTING POLICY FOR OTHER PROHIBITED POSTINGS
What Is Kanedia Age Restrictions
While we pride ourselves on being a site that the whole family can use, we also know the concerns involved with transacting online.Kanedia cares about the safety of your entire family. We understand that in the age of technology, kids are on the internet more than ever and free online classifieds can be a fun way for them to find toys, video games, clothes, and other cool items.
We want to minimize these risks. Therefore, for anyone under 18 years of age, we ask that you have your parent/guardian respond to any ads you may be interested in. Also, if you wish to post an ad on Kanedia, have your parent/guardian do so on your behalf, so they can be directly involved in the transaction.
Kanedia reserves the right to remove any ad if we feel it is in the best interest and for the safety of our users.